In the unfortunate event you experience a loss to your insured property (i.e. dwelling, other structures, personal property, etc.), Jeff VanWesten, our in-house claims adjuster, will be there with you to make the claim process as seamless as possible.
Immediately following a loss, contact your agent or Jeff at our office 712.262.2240 ext. 16. Have your policy handy if possible. Please be prepared to provide a detailed description of the incident in question.
Following is a checklist of other duties you’re responsible for, if applicable, regarding your loss:
- Promptly notify the police in case of a loss by theft, vandalism or malicious mischief;
- Protect the property from further damage. If repairs to the property are required:
- - Make reasonable and necessary repairs to protect the property;
- - Keep an accurate record of repair expenses.
- Prepare an inventory of damaged personal property showing the quantity, description, estimated cash value and the amount of loss. Related documents that justify the figures in the inventory would be helpful.
It is our responsibility to provide you with prompt, courteous and efficient service so your life resumes normalcy as quickly as possible.